Ready to Tweet, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram your Dash for Donation experience?
Social networking sites are perfect for fundraising, building your team and raising awareness on organ, eye and tissue donation. Post status updates on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn or blog about the event with a link to your personal fundraising page.
To make it easy, we’ve compiled some social media ideas, but feel free to make them your own. Also, please share the Lifeline of Ohio social media posts to help amplify our message!
Please like us on Facebook and link to us in your post! To link us: type the @ symbol before LifelineofOhio then select Lifeline of Ohio from the dropdown menu!
The main hashtag for all social media channels for the Dash is #DashforDonation. Please also feel free to use #DonateLife in conjunction with #DashforDonation.
Facebook + Instagram Pre-Event Posts
- It’s the Dash for Donation’s 20th anniversary! Help me [honor my donor/celebrate my gift of life/celebrate donation heroes] by joining my team! Join me on July 13 in Columbus and register today –www.dashfordonation.org
- We are proud to run and walk at the Dash for Donation on July 13 to celebrate organ, eye and tissue donation heroes! You can still register for the race: www.dashfordonation.org!
- Team ______ is ready for the @LifelineofOhio Dash for Donation on July 13 to support organ, eye and tissue donation! It’s not too late to register: www.dashfordonation.org
- I will Dash for Donation with @LifelineofOhio to (honor my donor/celebrate my gift of life/celebrate donation heroes). Join us at Genoa Park on July 13! www.dashfordonation.org.
- I’m raising money to support Lifeline of Ohio’s bereavement services. Go to [insert URL] to make a contribution and help me reach my fundraising goal. To learn more about what your contributions supports go to www.lifelineofohio.org/donor-family-events/
Facebook + Instagram Day-of-Event Posts
- We are proud to run/walk at the Dash for Donation today to celebrate organ, eye and tissue donation heroes!
- Team ______ is ready for @LifelineofOhio’s Dash for Donation! Save lives and register as a donor today: www.lifelineofohio.org.
- I Dash for Donation today with @LifelineofOhio to (honor my donor/celebrate my gift of life/celebrate donation heroes). Be a hero and register as an organ donor today – www.lifelineofohio.org.
- Today is Dash for Donation race day! I’m proud to support organ, eye and tissue donation – won’t you register as an organ, eye and tissue donor today? www.lifelineofohio.org.
- Please consider making a financial contribution in memory of our hero, [insert name]. Your contribution will support Lifeline of Ohio’s bereavement services. To make a contribution, go to [insert URL code or www.dashfordonation.org/contribute/]
Twitter Pre-Event Posts
- Join me to (honor my donor/celebrate my gift of life/celebrate donation heroes) by joining my team for the 20th annual Dash for Donation! Head to www.dashfordonation.org to register!
- I #dashfordonation to (honor my donor/celebrate my gift of life/celebrate donation heroes). Join us at Genoa Park in Columbus on July 13 – www.dashfordonation.org to join my team!
- ___ days left to be a part of the Dash for Donation on July 13! Register at www.dashfordonation.org.
- I’m close to reaching my fundraising goal for the Dash for Donation! Make a contribution at (insert URL or www.dashfordonation.org/contribute
Twitter Day-of-Event Posts
- I am at #dashfordonation in Columbus, supporting organ, eye and tissue donation!
- I #dashfordonation today with @LifelineofOhio to (honor my donor/celebrate my gift of life/celebrate donation heroes)!
- It’s a beautiful day to (honor my donor/celebrate my gift of life/celebrate donation heroes) at the #dashfordonation. Are you a registered donor? Register today –www.lifelineofohio.org.
We will be offering a custom Snapchat filter on July 13! Be sure to swipe left to unlock the filter and share!
Linked in tab:
Are you a LinkedIn user? You can export your LinkedIn connections and send a personal email asking them to join your team! Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Go to your LinkedIn homepage and click on the My Network icon.
- Click on Connections at the top left side of the page.
- Click on the Manage synced and imported contacts on the top right side (there is a book icon in front of the link).
- Under Advanced actions on the top right, click on Export Connections.
- Under Download your data, select Pick and Choose. Then, select Connections.
- Next, click on Request archive.
- An email with your contact list will be send to you with a downloadable link to your contacts.
- Send a personal email to your contacts to join your team and/or how to make a contribution.
- To add impact to your social media posts, go to dashfodonation.org/asset-kit to download logos and graphics.
- Using eye-catching pictures and/or videos.
- Ask family and friends to share your team URL on their social media platforms.
- Use stats to get your point across. Share facts from lifelineofohio.org/facts-and-process or the United Network for Organ Sharing at https://unos.org/data/transplant-trends.
- Don’t forget to add your personal team URL to each post so it’s an easy click to join your team and/or make a donation!